We are delighted to be undertaking the largest vaccination programme in the history of the NHS and we are balancing this with managing your other clinical needs.
Please do be reassured that if you need medical attention, your practice is here for you and will determine how to best support you, based on your symptoms.
Contacting us for an appointment
We are still open, but due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact us will be different at the moment.
Face-to-face appointments are available to all patients where there is a clinical need. You will be asked to first discuss your conditions over the phone or online with a member of the healthcare team to assess what would be most appropriate for you and which practice member would best provide it.
We are offering online consultations and video consultations, as well as telephone consultations. These can be convenient and flexible ways to receive healthcare. If you need to be seen face-to-face, this will be arranged. If you have a preference about how to access care you can discuss it with us.
Four ways to seek healthcare advice
- Visit our website and complete a confidential online form to request advice or treatment. We will respond as soon as possible, usually within two working days. Online forms should not be used for very urgent medical problems.
- Call your surgery to arrange an appointment. You will usually be assessed by a clinician on the telephone first, with face-to-face care arranged if clinically needed. If you have a preference about how to access care you can discuss it with us.
- For urgent issues or out of hours, you can also contact NHS 111 or go online to seek advice 111.nhs.uk
- Download the NHS App to order repeat prescriptions and get health advice.
COVID-19 Vaccination programme
- Our practice is currently supporting the delivery of the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
- This means that at certain times, part of our premises may be used for vaccine clinics or some of our team will be involved in running vaccine clinics.
- So, if you are asked to attend a face-to-face appointment, this may be at a different location to the one you normally attend or you may see someone different to usual.
- The NHS is vaccinating those people who experts have agreed will benefit from it the most.
- A vaccination programme of this size and scale will still take some time to roll out in full.
- No two practices are the same so some might be going at slightly different pace than others. This is nothing to worry about – it may be because of size, or the number of patients they have in different age groups or with different underlying health conditions.
- So please be assured that everyone who needs the vaccine will be offered it, and don’t worry if your friends, or neighbour or relatives may have had a vaccination already, while you are waiting to be called.
- We are working through an agreed process as best we can and as fast and as fairly as possible. You may be frustrated that you haven’t heard from us yet, but please be patient.
- We are also doing everything we can to ensure that we do this safely, and keeping wastage to an absolute minimum.
- These are challenging times for everybody but we do ask that you to treat your doctors and everyone at the practice politely and with respect. Please act reasonably.
- As a practice we are working hard to support you, your family and friends’ with your health and care needs. We remain grateful for all the support we have received from our patients but please do dear in mind the unique circumstances we are having to work in at the moment
In summary, the NHS is currently vaccinating those people who experts have agreed will benefit from it the most. A vaccination programme of this size and scale will still take some time to complete. Please be assured that everyone who needs the vaccine will be offered it. The NHS will be in touch with you when it is your turn to be vaccinated.
Please don’t call us before you are invited. In the meantime, you can ask a question and get information about the Hampshire and Isle of Wight COVID-19 Vaccination online here https://www.southamptoncityccg.nhs.uk/coronavirusvaccineupdate