We are still offering FLU vaccinations to our eligible patients and patients between 50-64yrs old.
Please see below the Flu Clinic that still has appointments available, call the surgery NOW to book. 01730 267722
Saturday 12th December 2020
In line with Government COVID guidelines, there are additional groups who are eligible for a free NHS flu vaccine this year. These include:
- Anyone over the age of 65 or due to turn 65 before 31st March 2021.
- People aged from 6 months to less than 65 years of age with a serious medical condition such as:
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease, or learning disability
- Splenic dysfunction or asplenia
- A weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment)
- Morbidly obese (defined as BMI of 40 and above)
- All pregnant women
- Shielded patients and their household members
Please note that patients with asthma are only entitled to a flu injection on the NHS if they have been prescribed a preventer inhaler.
Please contact our reception team on 01730 267722 to book your appointment time. Further clinics will be arranged depending on supplies being available.
Please note that, if you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical at risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November, providing there is sufficient vaccine. No appointments will be offered for people in this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical ‘at risk’ group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
Whilst we await the confirmation of delivery dates for our flu vaccines, we want to reassure you that planning is underway for this year’s Flu Clinics and we will advertise when the clinics are available for booking.
In line with Government COVID guidelines, there will be additional groups who are eligible for a free NHS flu vaccine this year.
GP Practices were made aware of the additional eligibility at the same time as patients did through the media and thus we are working hard to be able to provide the additional clinics and additional supply of vaccines as efficiently as possible.
We want to reassure patients we will be working hard on how to best provide these clinics whilst adhering to social distancing requirements and will provide updates when we have more information.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation during this time,
The Grange Surgery