MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
The Grange Surgery would like to remind all patients NOT to attend the surgery if you or anyone you have come into contact with have any of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature - this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature).
- A new, continuous cough - this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste - this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different.
You may be asked to wait outside or in your car if your Dr/Nurse is running late. This is to minimise the time you are spending in the surgery. Thank you for your understanding and continued support
Appointments with your GP can be made during opening hours by ringing or the surgery. You can also book online if you are registered for Patient Access, Evergreen or have the NHS App.
We encourage patients to book in advance as this means they are more likely to be able to book a day and time to suit you.
Where possible we will book you an appointment with your preferred doctor but this will not always be possible. If you insist on seeing your preferred doctor this may mean a delay for your appointment.
To find out more about how to use these exciting new services and to register please click on the images below.
Extended Practice Opening Hours
Below we offer extended appointment times for commuters or those not able to attend the surgery during normal hours. Please note these times are when the surgery is open but not the phone lines.
- Monday 18:00 to 19:00 with GP or a nurse.
- Friday 07:30 to 08:30 with GP or a nurse.
- Saturday 09:00 to 11:00 with one of our GPs on a rota basis (please note our telephone lines are not open within these times). Due to COVID-19, our Saturday hours have been suspended.
General Practice Extended Access
On the 1st June 2019, The Southern Hampshire Primary Care Alliance went live with new streamlined service for patients in the Fareham and Gosport and South East Hampshire CCG areas. This service provides pre-bookable GP extended access appointments as well as urgent out of hours GP and Acute Practitioner appointments. What this means is greater availability of appointments outside core working hours in order to address the health needs of the general public, particularly useful for workers with little flexibility.
Five centralised hubs located in Fareham, Gosport, Portchester, Waterlooville, and Petersfield will operate on different evenings and weekends in order to enable patients from our 38 member practices to access appointments they may not ordinarily be able to attend due to work commitments, etc. In response to local patient and stakeholder feedback, a sixth hub is being trialled in Bordon from the 1st August. Please ask reception if you would like to book an appointment in GPEA, click here for more information.
Please note the GP extended hours appointment serivce has been suspended. You can however still book to see a nurse. To do this, please contact the reception team on 01730 267722.
If you require a home visit please try to contact the surgery by 11am. This enables us to plan home visits within the doctor’s day.
Home visits must be medically justifiable and not requested for social convenience.
Failing to turn up for an appointment and not contacting the surgery to cancel it has an adverse affect on other patients and the smooth running of the surgery. It leads to:
- An increase in the waiting time for appointment
- Frustration for both staff and patients
- A waste of resources
- A potential risk to the health of the patient
Patients booking appointments and then failing to attend may mean that you are not able to see the doctor on the day that you wish to.
In an attempt to try and resolve this, the practice has in place the following policy:
- If you fail to attend more than 2 appointments in a row, or over a short period of time we will write to you to remind you of our policy on missed appointments.
- If you repeatedly fail to attend for appointments after you have been reminded, of our policy and the impact of missing appointments without cancelling them you may be removed from the practice list and have to find an alternative GP practice.
It is in your best interests as a patient of the surgery that you attend your appointments, or let us know if you cannot.
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time. If you are late we may not be able to see you.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.