Coronavirus Vaccination Scam
We have been made aware of a Covid Vaccine scam email that our patients have been recieving.
Scammers are trying to take advantage of people’s worries and uncertainty about the pandemic, especially those who are alone, self-isolating or in financial difficulty.
Coronavirus-related scams include:
- people claiming to be able to arrange a COVID vaccine for a fee. The NHS is the only organisation which has access to the vaccine, and will never ask for money
- sales of fake products such as face masks, supplements, anti-virus kits and sanitisers, which may be harmful or simply never arrive
- bogus healthcare workers who try to gain access to your home by claiming to offer testing for COVID-19
- people pretending to be from charities offering to do shopping or carry out cleansing tasks
- emails asking for donations to the NHS.
Always check the credentials of people or companies who contact you. Take your time before deciding to part with money or information and if possible, seek advice. Remember – it’s okay to say no.